CONTACT US   (763)-560-2500

Q: Who lives at Grandma’s Place?
A: Individuals who are high functioning with intellectual disabilities, chronic persistent mental illness, brain injury, and who may or may not have substance abuse/misuse barriers.

Q: Cost of rent?
A: Rent ranges from $595 for an efficiency, $625-$675 for a one bedroom and $630-$700 for a two bedroom apartment.  Individuals are responsible for paying first month's rent (which can be pro-rated), and a damage deposit equivalent to the monthly rent prior to moving in.  Grandma's Place will work with individuals and case managers regarding housing assistance programs if needed.

Q:  Will my apartment be furnished?

A:  All apartment units are unfurnished.  If individuals are without essential furniture and housing items, Grandma's Place will do our best to provide limited and temporary housing items.  Items are often donated.

Q: How are the services paid for?
A: We accept CADI and BI waivers as well as private pay

Q: How are you staffed?
A: We have the following staff;

  • Site Service Manager on call 24/7

  • RN Services on-call 24/7

  • Service Coordinator during regular business hours

  • Health Service Technicians from 6 am-10 pm

  • Asleep Overnight Health Service Technician 10 pm-6 am at our Crystal location only

Q: Do you treat substance abuse issues?
A: No, we do not treat substance abuse. However, we will work with you and your team to support you on your journey to stay sober. 

Q: Which Registrations and/or licenses do you carry?

A: Grandma's Place has a Housing with Services registration and a Comprehensive Home Care license

Q: Are you a Housing Supports provider?

A: Grandma's Place is a limited Housing Supports provider

Q: What should I expect?

A: A caring staff who will provide (including, but not limited to);

  • ​Housing with supports

  • Medication administration

  • Medical and mental health visits

  • Social activities

  • Coordinate with work or school

  • Behavior management and supports

  • Risk Management

  • Improvement in independent living skills

  • ​Assistance with transportation coordination

Q: Will I have my own apartment?

A:  Yes, you will have an efficiency, one or two bedroom apartment.  However you can reduce rent by sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with another client.

Q:  Is there Rep-Payee service?

A:  Yes, we have a Client Financial & Benefit Manager on site who can assist you with your finances.​​​